Sevadar at Asaram`s ashram in MP found dead
Chhindwara: A sevadar working at the ashram of self-styled godman Asaram Bapu here was found dead under suspicious circumstances with his family members suspecting a foul play.
The sevadar, identified as Patiram was found dead yesterday in the ashram situated on the outskirts of Chhindwara town, police said.
However, the postmortem conducted by a team of four doctors today revealed that he died of snakebite, Chhindwara rural police station in-charge, K P Mishra told reporters.
Patiram`s family members however, alleged that he died under suspicious circumstances as blood staines were found on his cloths as well as in his room, police said.
They also alleged that Patiram, who belongs to Neelkanthi village in the district was neither allowed to visit his home since last last 13 years, nor his family members were given permission to meet him, Mishra said.
The police official said though postmortem report has established the cause of the death, in view of the family`s allegations, a probe would be conducted into the issue.
Meanwhile, the Nellkanth village head, Shrichand has demanded a high-level probe into the death of sevadar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda