Seven kids, teacher killed as school bus falls into river
Ujjain: Seven school children and a teacher
were killed today when the bus in which they were travelling
fell off a bridge into the Shipra river near Mahidpur town in
the district, police said.
The children, belonging to Saraswati Shishu Mandir, were
returning to Taal from Ujjain after a picnic when the mishap
occurred around 10 PM, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Ujjain
range Varun Kapoor said.
Nearly 27 children have been rescued and the injured
shifted to Mahidpur hospital, he said.
Senior police officers have reached the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy