Seven kids, teacher killed as school bus falls into river
Ujjain: Seven school children and a teacher
were killed today when the bus in which they were travelling
fell off a bridge into the Shipra river near Mahidpur town in
the district, police said.
The children, belonging to Saraswati Shishu Mandir, were
returning to Taal from Ujjain after a picnic when the mishap
occurred around 10 PM, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Ujjain
range Varun Kapoor said.
Nearly 27 children have been rescued and the injured
shifted to Mahidpur hospital, he said.
Senior police officers have reached the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!