Seven killed, five injured as jeep hits tree
Mandla: Seven persons, including three women and an infant, were killed and five others injured when their jeep collided with a tree near here in the wee hours of Thursday, police said.
The victims were on their way to Jabalpur after taking part in a programme near Mandla when the driver lost control over the jeep following which it hit a tree near Tindani, about 11 kms from the district headquarters, they said.
Five persons were killed on the spot, while two others succumbed to their injuries in the Mandla district hospital.
The injured persons were referred to Jabalpur for treatment, police said.
The deceased were identified as - Sapna (35), Urmila Tiwari (45), Ranjana Shukla (50), Dinesh Dube (65) and Bhaiya Pathak (6 months), police said, adding that the remaining two bodies were yet to be identified.
A case has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video