Seven killed, five injured as jeep hits tree
Mandla: Seven persons, including three women and an infant, were killed and five others injured when their jeep collided with a tree near here in the wee hours of Thursday, police said.
The victims were on their way to Jabalpur after taking part in a programme near Mandla when the driver lost control over the jeep following which it hit a tree near Tindani, about 11 kms from the district headquarters, they said.
Five persons were killed on the spot, while two others succumbed to their injuries in the Mandla district hospital.
The injured persons were referred to Jabalpur for treatment, police said.
The deceased were identified as - Sapna (35), Urmila Tiwari (45), Ranjana Shukla (50), Dinesh Dube (65) and Bhaiya Pathak (6 months), police said, adding that the remaining two bodies were yet to be identified.
A case has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news