Seven minors going to Mumbai detained, 2 escorts arrested
Bhopal: Seven children from Uttar Pradesh
allegedly being taken to work in a factory in Mumbai were
detained while their escorts arrested at a railway station
here, police said today.
Acting on a tip-off by fellow passengers, police searched
a bogie of the Mumbai-bound Kushinagar Express train at
Habibganj railway station and found seven children along with
two men yesterday.
While the seven children were detained, their two
escorts, identified as Abdul Rahim and Chandrabhan Kurmi, were
The children in the age-group of 12-17 years told the
police that they were going to Mumbai with permission from
their parents as they came from a poor background. A police
team is being sent to their native places to find out the
Police have not ruled out the possibility of human
trafficking and are probing the incident.
Meanwhile, after the medical examination, the children
were handed over to the Child Care Organisation for now, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu