Seven minors going to Mumbai detained, 2 escorts arrested
Bhopal: Seven children from Uttar Pradesh
allegedly being taken to work in a factory in Mumbai were
detained while their escorts arrested at a railway station
here, police said today.
Acting on a tip-off by fellow passengers, police searched
a bogie of the Mumbai-bound Kushinagar Express train at
Habibganj railway station and found seven children along with
two men yesterday.
While the seven children were detained, their two
escorts, identified as Abdul Rahim and Chandrabhan Kurmi, were
The children in the age-group of 12-17 years told the
police that they were going to Mumbai with permission from
their parents as they came from a poor background. A police
team is being sent to their native places to find out the
Police have not ruled out the possibility of human
trafficking and are probing the incident.
Meanwhile, after the medical examination, the children
were handed over to the Child Care Organisation for now, the
- How to deactivate WhatsApp if your mobile is stolen or lost
- WATCH: Axar Patel performs Champion dance after dismissing Dwayne Bravo for 0
- Australian state Parliament evacuated over suspicious package
- Stop spending money on festivities; focus on education, healthcare: RSS to temples
- Sensex tanks over 200 points on rout in Japan; Nifty below 7,800-mark