Seven suicides reported in Bhopal over last 2 days
Bhopal: Seven persons including an engineering student committed suicide in separate incidents in the last 48 hours here, police said on Sunday.
A businessman, Ashok Bhadoria from Indore, ended his life by consuming poisonous pills at his brother-in-law`s house at Sanchi Complex in the city on Friday.
Bhadoria had reportedly suffered losses in his borewell business, police said.
An engineering student, Kamlesh Kumar, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in a hotel room here on November 23.
According to police, Kamlesh was residing with his cousin in Piplani area, but he checked into a hotel at Hamidia Road on Thursday where he was found hanging on Friday.
A suicide note was found in the room which said that he had failed in four subjects.
In another incident, one Manish Bhargava, hailing from Begumganj was found hanging in a rented room on November 23 in Vinayak House under Ashoka Garden police station limit.
Police said Bhargava, who earlier worked at a private firm in MP Nagar, was unemployed for the last two months.
Besides, a married woman, Jyoti, allegedly ended her life by hanging herself at her house in Talaiya police station area two days ago.
Her husband had gone out to market when she took the extreme step, police said.
In yet another incident, Arvind Kumar, who worked in Paryavaran Prisar, set himself ablaze in the same premises and succumbed to injuries on Friday, police said adding that he set himself on fire in an inebriated state.
Also, one Prakash Soni (44), from Indira Nagar colony, committed suicide by consuming poison.
In one more incident, Raj Kumar Kori, a resident of Shiv Nagar ended his life by consuming poisonous substance after a dispute with his wife. He died while undergoing treatment, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price