Seven suicides reported in Bhopal over last 2 days
Bhopal: Seven persons including an engineering student committed suicide in separate incidents in the last 48 hours here, police said on Sunday.
A businessman, Ashok Bhadoria from Indore, ended his life by consuming poisonous pills at his brother-in-law`s house at Sanchi Complex in the city on Friday.
Bhadoria had reportedly suffered losses in his borewell business, police said.
An engineering student, Kamlesh Kumar, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in a hotel room here on November 23.
According to police, Kamlesh was residing with his cousin in Piplani area, but he checked into a hotel at Hamidia Road on Thursday where he was found hanging on Friday.
A suicide note was found in the room which said that he had failed in four subjects.
In another incident, one Manish Bhargava, hailing from Begumganj was found hanging in a rented room on November 23 in Vinayak House under Ashoka Garden police station limit.
Police said Bhargava, who earlier worked at a private firm in MP Nagar, was unemployed for the last two months.
Besides, a married woman, Jyoti, allegedly ended her life by hanging herself at her house in Talaiya police station area two days ago.
Her husband had gone out to market when she took the extreme step, police said.
In yet another incident, Arvind Kumar, who worked in Paryavaran Prisar, set himself ablaze in the same premises and succumbed to injuries on Friday, police said adding that he set himself on fire in an inebriated state.
Also, one Prakash Soni (44), from Indira Nagar colony, committed suicide by consuming poison.
In one more incident, Raj Kumar Kori, a resident of Shiv Nagar ended his life by consuming poisonous substance after a dispute with his wife. He died while undergoing treatment, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble