Seven suicides reported in Bhopal over last 2 days
Bhopal: Seven persons including an engineering student committed suicide in separate incidents in the last 48 hours here, police said on Sunday.
A businessman, Ashok Bhadoria from Indore, ended his life by consuming poisonous pills at his brother-in-law`s house at Sanchi Complex in the city on Friday.
Bhadoria had reportedly suffered losses in his borewell business, police said.
An engineering student, Kamlesh Kumar, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in a hotel room here on November 23.
According to police, Kamlesh was residing with his cousin in Piplani area, but he checked into a hotel at Hamidia Road on Thursday where he was found hanging on Friday.
A suicide note was found in the room which said that he had failed in four subjects.
In another incident, one Manish Bhargava, hailing from Begumganj was found hanging in a rented room on November 23 in Vinayak House under Ashoka Garden police station limit.
Police said Bhargava, who earlier worked at a private firm in MP Nagar, was unemployed for the last two months.
Besides, a married woman, Jyoti, allegedly ended her life by hanging herself at her house in Talaiya police station area two days ago.
Her husband had gone out to market when she took the extreme step, police said.
In yet another incident, Arvind Kumar, who worked in Paryavaran Prisar, set himself ablaze in the same premises and succumbed to injuries on Friday, police said adding that he set himself on fire in an inebriated state.
Also, one Prakash Soni (44), from Indira Nagar colony, committed suicide by consuming poison.
In one more incident, Raj Kumar Kori, a resident of Shiv Nagar ended his life by consuming poisonous substance after a dispute with his wife. He died while undergoing treatment, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal