Seven years` RI to 65-year-old man for raping minor girl
Rajgarh: A 65-year-old man was sentenced to seven years` rigorous imprisonment by a local court in Narsinghgarh town for raping a minor girl last year.
The sentence was handed out to Ramnarayan Yadav yesterday by First Additional Session Judge Ramesh Sahu for sexually assaulting the 15-year-old girl following which she got pregnant, Public Prosecutor, O P Sharma said today.
The accused was also imposed with a fine of Rs 50,000. The court ruled that half of the fine amount should be deposited in the bank account of the victim.
The girl, who was sexually abused in November 2012, later gave birth to a baby boy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi