Sex racket busted, husband-wife duo among 3 held
Balaghat: Police on Tuesday claimed to have busted a sex racket allegedly being run by a sub-inspector, who used to blackmail influential persons here by making their obscene CDs, and arrested three persons, including a husband-wife duo, in this connection.
Acting on a complaint of a trader, the three persons, including two women, were arrested from Chandori village near here in connection with the racket, Kotwali Police Station in-charge Shyamchandra Sharma told reporters here.
The trader had alleged that he was being blackmailed by few persons running the racket and they were demanding Rs two lakh from him claiming they had an obscene CD featuring him.
The victim had already paid Rs 70,000 to them. The arrested persons were identified as Kamlesh Patle, his wife and another woman, Sharma said.
The kingpin of the racket was Sub-Inspector Mekhram Shrineel, currently posted in Bamni Banzar police station of Mandla district, police said.
He along with three others involved in the racket are absconding, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Toyota recalls 3.37 million cars over airbag, emissions control issues
- 7th Central Pay Commission: 14 key facts that all government employees must know
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?
- 'India stalling dialogue with Pakistan to avoid negotiations on Kashmir'
- Cancer woes: Parsley, dill can actually be the cure!