Sex racket busted, husband-wife duo among 3 held
Balaghat: Police on Tuesday claimed to have busted a sex racket allegedly being run by a sub-inspector, who used to blackmail influential persons here by making their obscene CDs, and arrested three persons, including a husband-wife duo, in this connection.
Acting on a complaint of a trader, the three persons, including two women, were arrested from Chandori village near here in connection with the racket, Kotwali Police Station in-charge Shyamchandra Sharma told reporters here.
The trader had alleged that he was being blackmailed by few persons running the racket and they were demanding Rs two lakh from him claiming they had an obscene CD featuring him.
The victim had already paid Rs 70,000 to them. The arrested persons were identified as Kamlesh Patle, his wife and another woman, Sharma said.
The kingpin of the racket was Sub-Inspector Mekhram Shrineel, currently posted in Bamni Banzar police station of Mandla district, police said.
He along with three others involved in the racket are absconding, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur