Sex racket busted, husband-wife duo among 3 held
Balaghat: Police on Tuesday claimed to have busted a sex racket allegedly being run by a sub-inspector, who used to blackmail influential persons here by making their obscene CDs, and arrested three persons, including a husband-wife duo, in this connection.
Acting on a complaint of a trader, the three persons, including two women, were arrested from Chandori village near here in connection with the racket, Kotwali Police Station in-charge Shyamchandra Sharma told reporters here.
The trader had alleged that he was being blackmailed by few persons running the racket and they were demanding Rs two lakh from him claiming they had an obscene CD featuring him.
The victim had already paid Rs 70,000 to them. The arrested persons were identified as Kamlesh Patle, his wife and another woman, Sharma said.
The kingpin of the racket was Sub-Inspector Mekhram Shrineel, currently posted in Bamni Banzar police station of Mandla district, police said.
He along with three others involved in the racket are absconding, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?