Sexual crimes less against fully dressed Chennai women: MP Minister
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Babulal Gaur on Sunday said there were few sexual crimes against women in Chennai as they dress up fully and regularly visit temples.
Gaur who recently returned from a trip to Chennai said that the crime rate against women in the capital of Tamil Nadu against women was much less than what it was in Bhopal.
Gaur said that the rate of crime against women in 2012 in Chennai was 19.32 whereas in Bhopal it was 71.38.
"The crime rate for women for the whole of Madhya Pradesh was also 71.38 that year," he said.
The Minister said that during his visit to Chennai he met a number of senior police officers there who had told him that women in their city dress up fully and regularly go to temples.
"They told me that it was because of this that the crime rate against women was much less as compared to that in other states," Gaur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees