Shahdol rape victim`s kidney suffers damage, says hospital
Nagpur: Kidneys of the nine-year-old girl from Shahdol (MP) who was brutally gang-raped, have suffered extensive damages, doctors of the private hospital to which she has been admitted, said on Friday.
She was brought here after her condition deteriorated at Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College Hospital in Jabalpur, hospital sources said.
She was already on dialysis in Jabalpur, hospital administrator Ravi Munnidyar said in a bulletin.
The heinous crime took place on April 23 when the girl had gone to a nearby forest to graze animals, when two accused identified as Mahendra Kol and Amit Kol, who have been arrested, allegedly raped her, the police had said in Shahdol after the incident.
The bleeding victim somehow managed to reach home late in the evening and narrated her ordeal, after which her parents lodged a police complaint.
She was rushed to primary health centre by cops from Beohari police station and later to the Shahdol District Hospital.
Finally, she was taken to Jabalpur Medical College on April 24, after her condition failed to improve.
Both the accused, who are around 24 years old, were arrested by the police under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and the law Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012.
This is the second such rape of a minor girl from Madhya Pradesh which had to be referred to Nagpur for treatment.
On April 29, a five year old girl from Ghansaur village in Seoni district who was also brutally raped on April 20 and brought here, died in a private hospital.
She was airlifted from Jabalpur after her condition had deteriorated.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview