Sharad Yadav slams police action against Bhopal victims
Bhopal: NDA Convener and Janata Dal United
(JD-U) President, Sharad Yadav on Sunday strongly condemned the
police action against the Bhopal gas tragedy victims on
the occasion of the 27th anniversary of the world`s worst
industrial disaster on Friday.
"I strongly condemn the action against poor gas
victims who were protesting the delay in getting adequate
compensation even after so many years," Yadav told reporters.
He said that he has not seen such a drastic action
against the victims anywhere earlier.
The 27th anniversary of the gas tragedy was marred
by violence when police used force to evict those staging
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit