Sharad Yadav slams police action against Bhopal victims
Bhopal: NDA Convener and Janata Dal United
(JD-U) President, Sharad Yadav on Sunday strongly condemned the
police action against the Bhopal gas tragedy victims on
the occasion of the 27th anniversary of the world`s worst
industrial disaster on Friday.
"I strongly condemn the action against poor gas
victims who were protesting the delay in getting adequate
compensation even after so many years," Yadav told reporters.
He said that he has not seen such a drastic action
against the victims anywhere earlier.
The 27th anniversary of the gas tragedy was marred
by violence when police used force to evict those staging
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report