Sharad Yadav`s ‘beautiful’ remark stumps scribe
Bhopal: Janata Dal (United) President Sharad Yadav on Tuesday stumped a woman reporter with his "beautiful" remark.
The reporter sought to know from Yadav which was the better state- Madhya Pradesh or Bihar- ruled by BJP and Janata Dal (U)-BJP coalition respectively.
The former Union Minister has political links with both states and has represented them in Parliament at different times.
Without getting into an argument, Yadav simply said the whole country was beautiful.
He then added in a lighter vein "even you are very beautiful."
The engineer-turned-politician`s remark evoked loud laughter from those present, including the reporter.
Yadav was elected to Lok Sabha from Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh in late 1970s, while currently he represents the Madhepura constituency of Bihar in the Lower House of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'