Shehla case: Accused say they are being implicated
Indore: Key accused in RTI activist Shehla
Masood murder case Zahida Pervez and her aide Saba Farooqui
today alleged that they were being falsely implicated at the
behest of "influential" people who have also "managed" CBI
which is probing the case.
Leaving from the special CBI court here after they
were remanded in judicial custody, Zahida along with Saba
alleged that they were being implicated in the 2011 murder
case of the 32-year-old Bhopal-based activist.
"Hum logon ko to fansaya ja raha hai is case mein (We
are being implicated in the case),: the accused shouted while
being taken to jail in police vehicle.
When reporters sought to know who was behind the
crime, they said, "You people know it...those people whose
name has surfaced are the masterminds...we are being
implicated...you should inquire it in detail...CBI too is
hand-in-glove with them".
Besides the two women, sharp shooters Shakib `Danger`
and Irfaan are accused in murdering Masood outside her
residence in Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
BJP MLA Dhruvnarayan Singh`s name also cropped up in the
case in which Zahida is accused of eliminating Shehla over the
latter`s alleged "proximity" with the politician.
"We are not making allegations. But CBI is hand-in-glove
with the mastermind.... A deal has been struck
between them... you may inquire about it," they said.
Earlier in the day, a special CBI court here extended
till April 11 the judicial custody of Zahida Pervez and three
others in connection with the murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam