Shehla case: Another accused sent to CBI custody
Indore: Ifran, another accused in the RTI
activist Shehla Masood murder case, was today produced before
the Special CBI court which remanded him to agency`s custody
up to March 16.
Irfan was brought here by the Uttar Pradesh police on a
production warrant, and was produced in the court of Special
Judicial Magistrate (CBI), Dr Shubra Singh, after he was
formally arrested under section 302 (murder) and 120-B
(criminal conspiracy) in the Masood case, said CBI lawyer
The central agency sought his custody for interrogation.
The Magistrate, while granting Irfan`s custody, directed
CBI not to "torture" the accused, and also directed the latter
to cooperate with investigation. The court also directed the
CBI to get him medically examined and submit the report.
Irfan was arrested by UP police in connection with the
Masood murder case, and during the investigation he allegedly
revealed that it was the Bhopal-based interior designer Zahida
Pervez who had hired him through Saqib Danger for eliminating
Irfan allegedly told the interrogators that it was Shanu
Aulanga who shot Shehla on August 16, 2011 in Bhopal. Aulanga
was later killed at Kanpur in an encounter.
CBI has already arrested Pervez, her close associate Saba
Faroqui, and Saqib. Another accused, Salim, is still at large.
The court has already allowed the CBI to subject the
three accused to a polygraph test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi