Shehla case: Another accused sent to CBI custody
Indore: Ifran, another accused in the RTI
activist Shehla Masood murder case, was today produced before
the Special CBI court which remanded him to agency`s custody
up to March 16.
Irfan was brought here by the Uttar Pradesh police on a
production warrant, and was produced in the court of Special
Judicial Magistrate (CBI), Dr Shubra Singh, after he was
formally arrested under section 302 (murder) and 120-B
(criminal conspiracy) in the Masood case, said CBI lawyer
The central agency sought his custody for interrogation.
The Magistrate, while granting Irfan`s custody, directed
CBI not to "torture" the accused, and also directed the latter
to cooperate with investigation. The court also directed the
CBI to get him medically examined and submit the report.
Irfan was arrested by UP police in connection with the
Masood murder case, and during the investigation he allegedly
revealed that it was the Bhopal-based interior designer Zahida
Pervez who had hired him through Saqib Danger for eliminating
Irfan allegedly told the interrogators that it was Shanu
Aulanga who shot Shehla on August 16, 2011 in Bhopal. Aulanga
was later killed at Kanpur in an encounter.
CBI has already arrested Pervez, her close associate Saba
Faroqui, and Saqib. Another accused, Salim, is still at large.
The court has already allowed the CBI to subject the
three accused to a polygraph test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- US President Barack Obama urges Vietnam to improve human rights to guarantee progress
- Sonu Nigam's new song 'Crazy Dil' has got the cutest surprise appearance ever – Watch to know
- Soldier killed in Kashmir gun battle cremated with full honours
- Two 'young' craters discovered on Moon