Shehla case: Polygraph test conducted on BJP MLA
New Delhi: Dhruv Narayan Singh, a BJP MLA from Madhya Pradesh, was Wednesday subjected by CBI to a lie-detection test here in connection with the murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood, as he professed innocence.
Singh, MLA from Bhopal, arrived at the Central Forensic
Science Laboratory with the CBI for his polygraph test at
around 11 AM and remained there for nearly three hours.
Emerging out of the laboratory, Singh told reporters that
allegations levelled against him by architect Zahida Parvez,
an accused in the case, are baseless and that he is completly
CBI sources meanwhile said Singh was asked several
questions related to his purported relationship with victim
Shehla Masood and Parvez, besides whether he knew about the
murder plan allegedly hatched by the architect.
They said a detailed questionnaire covering these broad
topics was prepared by the experts which was put before him.
During the probe, CBI has found that Parvez had allegedly
"very close relations" with the MLA, to the extent of
obsession, and resented his closeness with Masood, they said.
From her diary, the sleuths had come to know of several
instances where Parvez had noted down her feelings for Singh
and growing resentment for Masood, the sources said.
While analysing call details of Masood and her friend
Farooqui, sleuths came across some calls made purportedly to a
close aide of Singh soon after Masood was murdered on August
16 outside her house in Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal.
Singh had given his consent to undergo polygraph test
last week before a special CBI court in Indore which had then
given the agency a go ahead.
Meanwhile, Farooqui and Parvez even after giving consent
before the court had backtracked and refused to undergo
polygraph test yesterday also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO