Shehla case: Remand of five accused extended
Indore: The judicial remand of all the five accused in RTI activist Shehla Masood`s murder case has been extended to June 11 by the Special CBI court.
After filing of chargesheet on May 25, all the five accused - Zahida Pervez, Saba Farooqui, Saquib Ali (Danger), Irfan and Tabish were produced before the Special CBI Judge Dr Shubra Singh on Saturday.
The court extended their judicial remand till June 11 and handed them over a copy of chargesheet each, which was filed by the CBI.
The chargesheet blamed Zahida, Saba and Saquib for the murder and conspiracy of Shehla.
According to CBI, Shehla was shot dead in front of her house at Koh-e-Fiza area on August 16, 2011 by alleged sharp shooter Irfan while Tabish accompanied him on the motor cycle at the spot and Saquib kept an eye on them from a safe distance.
After the hearing when mediapersons asked Zahida to comment on the chargesheet, she claimed that she was under tremendous pressure on the issue. However, she did not elaborate further in this regard.
Her close confidant, Saba however alleged that CBI is shielding those involved in the crime and framing innocents in the case.
Zahida and other accused also urged the court to transfer the case to Bhopal for trial, but the judge said a decision on it will be taken as per the rules.
Earlier, CBI gave a clean chit to BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh saying he had no role in the murder of Masood.
However, Singh`s name was mentioned in the charge sheet in connection with the motive of the murder as he was allegedly having a relationship with both Shehla and Zahida, following which Zahida allegedly plotted to eliminate her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi