Shehla case: Review plea seeking transfer of trial rejected
Indore: A special CBI court here on Saturday rejected the review petition seeking transfer of RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case trial to Bhopal.
Prime accused Zahida Parvez and four other accused have sought the transfer of the trial to Bhopal on the ground that the offence had taken place there.
"After hearing arguments of both the sides, Special CBI Judge Anupam Srivastav upheld the decision of the Special Magistrate (CBI), Dr Shubhra Singh, about the jurisdiction of trial in Shehla murder case and rejected our revision petition," one of the defence lawyers Yawar Khan told reporters.
The next hearing is posted on August 1, he said.
"We will soon knock on the door of high court against the judgment," Khan said.
After hearing the arguments from both sides on July 13, Srivastava had reserved the order for today.
Meanwhile, the key accused Zahida said she had full faith in judiciary.
"I have full faith in country`s judicial system. For me, Indore and Bhopal courts are equal. Whatever will happen, will be good," she said after emerging from the court.
Meanwhile, the court also turned down another revision petition filed by the defence seeking access to reports of a polygraph test conducted on BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh and phone call details pertaining to the murder case besides other documentary evidence.
The court of Dr Shubhra Singh too on June 22 had rejected these demands after which the accused filed the review petition.
Shehla was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal`s Koh-E-Fiza locality on August 16, 2011.
Apart from Zahida, other accused in the case are Saba Farooqui, Irfan, Tabish and Saquib Ali `Danger`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured