Shehla case: Review plea seeking transfer of trial rejected
Indore: A special CBI court here on Saturday rejected the review petition seeking transfer of RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case trial to Bhopal.
Prime accused Zahida Parvez and four other accused have sought the transfer of the trial to Bhopal on the ground that the offence had taken place there.
"After hearing arguments of both the sides, Special CBI Judge Anupam Srivastav upheld the decision of the Special Magistrate (CBI), Dr Shubhra Singh, about the jurisdiction of trial in Shehla murder case and rejected our revision petition," one of the defence lawyers Yawar Khan told reporters.
The next hearing is posted on August 1, he said.
"We will soon knock on the door of high court against the judgment," Khan said.
After hearing the arguments from both sides on July 13, Srivastava had reserved the order for today.
Meanwhile, the key accused Zahida said she had full faith in judiciary.
"I have full faith in country`s judicial system. For me, Indore and Bhopal courts are equal. Whatever will happen, will be good," she said after emerging from the court.
Meanwhile, the court also turned down another revision petition filed by the defence seeking access to reports of a polygraph test conducted on BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh and phone call details pertaining to the murder case besides other documentary evidence.
The court of Dr Shubhra Singh too on June 22 had rejected these demands after which the accused filed the review petition.
Shehla was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal`s Koh-E-Fiza locality on August 16, 2011.
Apart from Zahida, other accused in the case are Saba Farooqui, Irfan, Tabish and Saquib Ali `Danger`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'