Shehla case: Review plea seeking transfer of trial rejected
Indore: A special CBI court here on Saturday rejected the review petition seeking transfer of RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case trial to Bhopal.
Prime accused Zahida Parvez and four other accused have sought the transfer of the trial to Bhopal on the ground that the offence had taken place there.
"After hearing arguments of both the sides, Special CBI Judge Anupam Srivastav upheld the decision of the Special Magistrate (CBI), Dr Shubhra Singh, about the jurisdiction of trial in Shehla murder case and rejected our revision petition," one of the defence lawyers Yawar Khan told reporters.
The next hearing is posted on August 1, he said.
"We will soon knock on the door of high court against the judgment," Khan said.
After hearing the arguments from both sides on July 13, Srivastava had reserved the order for today.
Meanwhile, the key accused Zahida said she had full faith in judiciary.
"I have full faith in country`s judicial system. For me, Indore and Bhopal courts are equal. Whatever will happen, will be good," she said after emerging from the court.
Meanwhile, the court also turned down another revision petition filed by the defence seeking access to reports of a polygraph test conducted on BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh and phone call details pertaining to the murder case besides other documentary evidence.
The court of Dr Shubhra Singh too on June 22 had rejected these demands after which the accused filed the review petition.
Shehla was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal`s Koh-E-Fiza locality on August 16, 2011.
Apart from Zahida, other accused in the case are Saba Farooqui, Irfan, Tabish and Saquib Ali `Danger`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam