Shehla Masood case: BJP MLA to undergo test again
New Delhi: BJP MLA Druv Narayan Singh is
likely to undergo lie-detection test again tomorrow in
connection with the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case as
the previous attempt by the CBI to carry out the procedure on
him did not prove conclusive.
Sources in the agency said Singh`s physical parameters
did not remain normal during the test on March 14 and, hence,
it could not be completed.
They said the agency is likely to carry out the polygraph
test on him tomorrow subject to his consent and his medical
condition including blood pressure and body temperature
The CBI sources said the MLA is "not completly off-radar"
in the case. However, the agency has not received any evidence
so far which points to his role in the murder of the 38-year
Singh had given consent to undergo lie-detection test
before a special court in Indore.
During the probe, the CBI has found that accused Zahida
Parvez had "very close relations" with the MLA, to the extent
of obsession, and resented his closeness with Masood, they
said. Parvez is currently in judicial custody.
From her diary, the sleuths had come to know of several
instances where Parvez had noted down her sentiments for Singh
and growing resentment towards Masood, the sources said.
While analysing call details of Parvez and her friend and
another accused Saba Farooqui, sleuths came across some calls
made purportedly to a close aide of Singh soon after Masood
was murdered on August 16 outside her house in Koh-e-Fiza
locality in Bhopal. Farooqui is also in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India