Shehla Masood case: CBI grills BJP MLA’s aide
Bhopal: BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh`s
`representative` Arun Pandey was on Sunday questioned by CBI
on the lawmaker`s "relationship" with RTI activist Shehla
Masood, who was murdered in August last year.
"CBI had called me today for questioning, following which
I came to the agency`s office," Pandey told PTI after he was
grilled for three hours by agency sleuths. Earlier last week,
the agency had questioned Dhruv Narayan Singh for nearly six
hours at its Bhopal office.
"The agency officials questioned me about the MLA`s
relationship with them (Masood), but I told them I have not
seen them meeting, or have no information about their
relationship," Pandey said.
"I told the CBI that Zahidaji (an accused) used to come to
the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (MPTDC)
office, as she was a listed architect of the Corporation,"
Pandey said that he told CBI that Zahida, who has been
arrested in the case, used to visit the office to discuss the
projects she was doing with the MPTDC.
Dhuruv Narayan is a former Chairman of MPTDC, which had
hired Zahida for executing some development works.
Shehla too was close to the MLA, and had managed his poll
campaign, CBI sources said. According to CBI, Zahida hired
killers to eliminate Shehla out of jealousy as she
resented Shehla`s growing closeness to Dhruv.
CBI has also secured the court`s permission to subject
Zahida, her close associate Saba Faroqui, Saqib Ali and the
MLA to polygraph test.
Shehla Masood was shot dead in front of her house in
Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Curfew continues only in 3 south Kashmir districts
- Samsung beat Apple in smartphone shipments amid positive results
- Hafiz Saeed leaves Pakistan fuming, claims protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT
- I have aged not Michelle: Obama
- Look what Sidharth Malhotra has to say about PM Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee’s ‘Kala Chashma’