Shehla Masood: CBI probe fails to yield results
Bhopal: Investigators are still groping in the dark even more than three months after RTI activist Shehla Masood was shot dead in a broad daylight here.
Shehla`s murder outside her residence in posh
Koh-e-Fiza locality on August 16 had sparked strong reactions
among RTI activists.
After local police`s probe into the killing failed to
yield any result, the Centre ordered a CBI probe into the
incident following a request made in this regard by the Madhya
In the last two months, the Bhopal unit of CBI
concentrated on a number of aspects in the murder and have
checked details of Shehla`s laptop and call details to reach
In this period, the unit also recorded statements of
many politicians, police officials, builders and other
influential people to help find some clues on the murder.
However, the investigations were subsequently taken
over by the Crime unit of Delhi CBI as the local unit could
not find any concrete clue in two months.
During its probe, the special crime unit focused on a
number of history-sheeters in Jahangirabad, Koh-e-Fiza,
Mangalwara, Nishatpura and other localities.
The CBI was looking for a possible link between
politicians and the history-sheeters. However, before they
could be interrogated, most of them went underground.
The apex investigation agency has so far asked nine
persons to go to Delhi where they will be questioned again in
connection with Shehla`s murder.
The Bhopal unit of CBI had also opened a Facebook
account in order to gather information about the murder and 50
persons are said to have responded to its appeal. But since
the information is of not much use, the account has been
The CBI has so far questioned more than a hundred
persons in connection with the killing and even recorded their
statements to find leads but so far its efforts have not borne
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof