Shehla Masood murder case trial from Aug30
Indore: The Special CBI court on Wednesday fixed the trial from August 30 in RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, involving five accused.Special Judge (CBI) Anupam Srivastava approved the CBI`s trial schedule on August 30 and 31 to hear four witnesses, senior public prosecutor H K Shukla said in his submission to the court here.
All five accused in the case - Zahida (interior designer and the main accused), Saba Farooqui, Saquib Ali alias Danger, Irfan and Tabish were produced in the court when it approved the trial programme.
On August 30, two witnesses - Sultan Masood, father of Shehla, and her relative Sayyed Rahil Hussain would undergo trial, while on August 31, the other witnesses - Sohail Athar Zaidi and M R Uikey would undergo the same.
The court admitted a bail plea of Saba Farooqui, the co-accused in the case, and decided to put it up on August 17, her lawyer Sunil Srivastava told reporters here.
The bail plea was filed on the ground of Saba`s illness as she had a spleen disease, the lawyer said.
The jail authorities have also stopped assigning her hard work in the undertrial custody, he added.
The court also appointed Mahendra Morya as government legal aid for Irfan, who had earlier made the demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak