Shehla Masood murder case trial from Aug30
Indore: The Special CBI court on Wednesday fixed the trial from August 30 in RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, involving five accused.Special Judge (CBI) Anupam Srivastava approved the CBI`s trial schedule on August 30 and 31 to hear four witnesses, senior public prosecutor H K Shukla said in his submission to the court here.
All five accused in the case - Zahida (interior designer and the main accused), Saba Farooqui, Saquib Ali alias Danger, Irfan and Tabish were produced in the court when it approved the trial programme.
On August 30, two witnesses - Sultan Masood, father of Shehla, and her relative Sayyed Rahil Hussain would undergo trial, while on August 31, the other witnesses - Sohail Athar Zaidi and M R Uikey would undergo the same.
The court admitted a bail plea of Saba Farooqui, the co-accused in the case, and decided to put it up on August 17, her lawyer Sunil Srivastava told reporters here.
The bail plea was filed on the ground of Saba`s illness as she had a spleen disease, the lawyer said.
The jail authorities have also stopped assigning her hard work in the undertrial custody, he added.
The court also appointed Mahendra Morya as government legal aid for Irfan, who had earlier made the demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons