Shehla Masood`s father demands security cover for himself
Bhopal: Bhopal police is assessing the threat perception to Sultan Masood, father and chief prosecution witness in the slain RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, who has demanded a security cover.
"We have asked the concerned police station (Koh-e-Fiza) to assess the threat perception to Sultan and will take a decision on it after studying its report," Bhopal Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Yogesh Choudhary said.
"I had met the state Home Minister few months back demanding security for myself as I am living alone and also fear that those who were involved in the crime would harm me," Sultan said.
"Though a policeman had visited my residence to record my statement on the issue, so far no security has been provided to me," he said.
Shehla was shot dead on August 16 last year when she was sitting in her car just outside her house in the posh Koh-e-Fiza locality of Bhopal.
CBI had so far arrested Zahida, her close confidant Saba Farooqui, and alleged killers - Irfan Ali, Tabish and Shaqib Danger - in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'