Shehla murder: Accused blames BJP legislator
Indore: Saba Farooqui, one of the accused in
the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, on Friday alleged that
CBI was shielding BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh.
On her way to the special CBI court, Saba, when asked by
the reporters who was the main culprit according to her, said,
"Dhruv Narayan is the main culprit. The CBI is protecting
Saba, an associate of the main accused in the case,
Zahida Pervez, added: "If he is not a culprit, then why
did BJP seek his resignation as vice president (of the state
Stating that Pervez was being falsely implicated, Saba
also alleged that CBI had got a certain CD related to the
case, but was not disclosing this.
Saba was today produced before the special judge,
Judicial Magistrate Shubhra Singh. She, however, refused to
give a statement under section 164 of Criminal Procedure Code.
Public Prosecutor Hemant Shukla said that her refusal to
give statement won`t affect the case as CBI had enough
CBI had questined Dhruv Narayan last month in connection
with the case. According to the agency`s preliminary theory,
Pervez, who had an intimate relationship with the MLA, got
jealous because of Shehla Masood`s growing closeness to him,
and therefore had the RTI activist shot dead in August last
The CBI has arrested five persons in the case so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach