Shehla murder: Accused sent to judicial custody
Indore: A special CBI court today
remanded three accused, including the city-based interior
designer Zahida Pervez, to judicial custody till March 26 in
connection with the murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood.
The special CBI court of Judicial Magistrate Dr Subhra
Singh sent Zahida, her assistant Saba Farooqui and contract
killer Shakib `Danger`, allegedly hired by the prime accused
to execute the murder, on the 14-day judicial remand, senior
Public Prosecutor Hemant Shukla told media persons.
The court also asked Zahida and Saba to record their
statements under section 164 of CrPC tomorrow as they had
refused to undergo a lie detector test, while the third
accused Shakib has sought ten-day time to record his
statement, he said.
Shukla said Zahida and Saba would be lodged in
Indore`s district jail, while Squib in the Central Jail.
Earlier, the accused were brought here from Bhopal
under high security for the hearing.
Zahida is accused of plotting the murder allegedly
over the slain activist`s growing "closeness" to BJP MLA Dhruv
Narayan Singh who was also grilled by the CBI.
Shehla was shot dead outside her residence on August
16, 2011 in posh Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview