Shehla murder: Accused sent to judicial custody
Indore: A special CBI court today
remanded three accused, including the city-based interior
designer Zahida Pervez, to judicial custody till March 26 in
connection with the murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood.
The special CBI court of Judicial Magistrate Dr Subhra
Singh sent Zahida, her assistant Saba Farooqui and contract
killer Shakib `Danger`, allegedly hired by the prime accused
to execute the murder, on the 14-day judicial remand, senior
Public Prosecutor Hemant Shukla told media persons.
The court also asked Zahida and Saba to record their
statements under section 164 of CrPC tomorrow as they had
refused to undergo a lie detector test, while the third
accused Shakib has sought ten-day time to record his
statement, he said.
Shukla said Zahida and Saba would be lodged in
Indore`s district jail, while Squib in the Central Jail.
Earlier, the accused were brought here from Bhopal
under high security for the hearing.
Zahida is accused of plotting the murder allegedly
over the slain activist`s growing "closeness" to BJP MLA Dhruv
Narayan Singh who was also grilled by the CBI.
Shehla was shot dead outside her residence on August
16, 2011 in posh Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan