Shehla murder: AIIMS forensic team to visit Bhopal
New Delhi: A team of forensic experts from
the AIIMS will visit Bhopal on Wednesday to gather and collaborate
clues gathered in connection with the murder of RTI activist
Shehla Masood there.
Sources said the team led by T D Dogra, head of Forensic
Sciences Department, All India Institute of Medical Sciences
(AIIMS) will leave tomorrow and is likely to visit the spot
where the activist was shot dead by unknown assailants.
They said the CBI officers will also be part of the team
which will interact with local police and other concerned in
connection with the case.
"A forensic team from AIIMS will be leaving tomorrow to
gather evidences. It will also examine evidences gathered by
local and central forensic department officials," the sources
Earlier, biological and ballistic experts of Central
Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) has visited Bhopal and
collected vital clues.
Masood was shot dead outside her residence in the posh
Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal on August 16, 2011. The case,
which was initially probed by local police, was later handed
over to the CBI.
The case was then transferred to the agency`s Delhi-based
Special Crime Unit which is now probing the matter.
The CBI has joined social networking site Facebook in a
bid to get help from people in cracking the case.
The investigating agency, which remains clueless in the
case, had announced an award of Rs five lakhs in September
last for anyone providing credible information about the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'