Shehla murder: BJP MLA to undergo lie-detection
Indore: After being questioned and his
official house searched, BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh will now
be subjected to a lie detection test by CBI in the RTI
activist Shehla Masood murder case with a special CBI court on Friday giving the green signal.
Special CBI Magistrate Dr Shubra Singh gave the
permission after the agency sought the court`s approval to
conduct polygraph test on all suspects including architect
Zahida Parvez, Saquib Ali, Saba Farooqui and Dhruv Narayan
Singh in connection with the murder case.
Singh gave his consent before the court today to undergo
the polygraph test, CBI sources said.
The court has already permitted polygraph tests on three
other suspects -- Parvez, Ali and Farooqui.
Dhruv Narayan represents Bhopal Central constituency.
CBI had earlier questioned him for nearly six hours at
its Bhopal office, and also searched his official residence.
It suspects that Parvez hired the other accused to kill
Masood out of jealousy, as she believed that Masood was
getting too close to Narayan.
The agency, meanwhile, produced today another accused
Irfan before the court, which remanded him to the CBI custody
up to March 16.
Irfan was brought here by the Uttar Pradesh police on a
production warrant and was produced in the court of Shubra
Singh, after he was formally arrested under section 302
(murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) in the Masood case,
said CBI lawyer Hemant Shukla.
The central agency had sought his custody for
While granting Irfan`s custody to the CBI, the court
directed it not to "torture" the accused, while the latter was
directed to cooperate with investigation. The court also
directed the CBI to get him medically examined and submit the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what