Shehla murder: BJP MLA to undergo lie-detection
Indore: After being questioned and his
official house searched, BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh will now
be subjected to a lie detection test by CBI in the RTI
activist Shehla Masood murder case with a special CBI court on Friday giving the green signal.
Special CBI Magistrate Dr Shubra Singh gave the
permission after the agency sought the court`s approval to
conduct polygraph test on all suspects including architect
Zahida Parvez, Saquib Ali, Saba Farooqui and Dhruv Narayan
Singh in connection with the murder case.
Singh gave his consent before the court today to undergo
the polygraph test, CBI sources said.
The court has already permitted polygraph tests on three
other suspects -- Parvez, Ali and Farooqui.
Dhruv Narayan represents Bhopal Central constituency.
CBI had earlier questioned him for nearly six hours at
its Bhopal office, and also searched his official residence.
It suspects that Parvez hired the other accused to kill
Masood out of jealousy, as she believed that Masood was
getting too close to Narayan.
The agency, meanwhile, produced today another accused
Irfan before the court, which remanded him to the CBI custody
up to March 16.
Irfan was brought here by the Uttar Pradesh police on a
production warrant and was produced in the court of Shubra
Singh, after he was formally arrested under section 302
(murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) in the Masood case,
said CBI lawyer Hemant Shukla.
The central agency had sought his custody for
While granting Irfan`s custody to the CBI, the court
directed it not to "torture" the accused, while the latter was
directed to cooperate with investigation. The court also
directed the CBI to get him medically examined and submit the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video