Shehla murder case: BJP MLA’s house raided
Bhopal: The premises of BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh were on Sunday searched by the CBI in connection with the murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood.
The CBI team, which carried out the searches at the MLA`s office at "45 Bungalow" this evening, refused to talk to the media.
The MLA, who reached the office as soon as the CBI team entered his bungalow, also left the place soon.
CBI officials had last night interrogated Singh for nearly six hours. Later, he had told the media that, "CBI had called me for questioning and I have told them whatever information I had on the issue. Whenever the agency would call
me again, I will go there."
The BJP leader is alleged to have had close relations with Masood as well as arrested alleged mastermind Zahida Parvez which resulted in latter`s resentment towards the activist.
The agency had recovered a personal diary of Parvez in which the investigators claimed to have found several entries showing her obsession with the legislator.
The sources said Parvez, who was an architect-cum-interior designer, allegedly came into contact with the MLA in 2007 and developed an intimate relationship with him.
CBI sources said that Parvez and Masood knew each other and it was the former who had introduced the activist with the MLA.
Parvez kept a close eye on the `friendship` between Masood and the politician and allegedly went to the extent of trailing him along with her friend Saba Farooqui, who has also been arrested.
During the questioning of accused - Farooqui, Saquib and Parvez - sleuths found that Parvez was so obsessed with the MLA that she had kept one office staff just for monitoring his movements and analysing call details through his bills, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray