Shehla murder case: Photographer deposes before CBI court
Indore: A photographer, who had taken the photos at the murder spot of RTI activist Shehla Masood, Monday deposed before the Special CBI court here and was cross examined by defence counsels in the case.
Photographer SC Sharma, who accompanied the forensic science experts after Shehla was allegedly murdered outside her house in Bhopal on August 16, 2011, appeared before the Special CBI Court of Justice Anupam Srivastava.
During cross examination by defence counsel A J Bhojwani, Sharma told the court that while taking pictures, the bullet could not be spotted from outside.
The witness also showed the court 22 pictures that he took with a camera using a "roll" (not digital camera).
While being cross examined by defence counsel Sunil Srivastava, Sharma admitted that he had not entered the log book of his visit to the site, nor signed anywhere in the official register. Prints were made out of the negative film and were handed over to the competent authority, the photographer told the court.
Later, defence lawyer Sunil Srivastava told reporters that the photos were taken "illegally" by not observing official norms.
"The prosecution witness could not reply from where he brought the camera and roll. The film was developed either in an outside studio or private institution," Srivastava alleged.
The trial will now continue on December 13.
Zahida Pervez, an interior designer, has been named as the prime accused in the case by CBI along with four others.
Other accused are Zahida`s friend Saba Farooqui, and alleged shooters Irfan Ali, Tabish Khan, and Saquib Ali alias danger.
All the five charged with murder and criminal conspiracy were present in the court today.
Shehla was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal`s Koh-e-Fiza locality on August 16, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister