Shehla murder case: Shooter Tabish sent to custody
Indore: A special CBI court on Tuesday
remanded till March 26 an alleged shooter Tabish Khan in
police custody in connection with the murder of RTI activist
Tabish Khan, a cousin of another key accused Shaquib
Ali `Danger`, was arrested from his Bekanganj residence in
Kanpur by the Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force yesterday. He
is the fifth person to be held in the high-profile case.
The alleged shooter was brought from Kanpur before the
special CBI court of judicial magistrate Dr Shubhra Singh
here, who sent him to police custody, senior public prosecutor
Hemant Shukla told reporters today.
Tabish was brought before the court after obtaining
transit remand from Uttar Pradesh, he added.
When asked whether the CBI recovered motorcycle and
arms used in the alleged murder, Shukla said, "These are
matters of investigation under the CBI...it cannot be
disclosed". Further, while replying to a query, Shukla said
that Tabish was present at the time of murder of Shehla in
Alleged contract killer Irfan, who is the fourth
accused in the murder case of the 32-year-old activist, is
undergoing polygraph test in Delhi, he said.
Irfan, whose police custody was extended till March
22, had been arrested by Uttar Pradesh police from Talaq Mahal
locality in Kanpur on February 27.
The main accused Zahida Pervez, an interior designer
and her friend Saba Farooqui are in judicial custody till
March 26 in Indore district.
Zahida had recorded her statement in the CBI court,
while Saba had refused to come on record. Shaquib had sought
ten days time to decide whether to make statements.
Shehla was shot dead outside her residence at posh
koh-e-fiza locality in Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers