Shehla murder case: Trial adjourned till April 10
Indore: The Special CBI Court Friday adjourned the trial in the Shehla Masood murder case till April 10 as the new CBI prosecutor sought time to secure documents on call details in connection with the case from private telecom companies.
Special CBI Judge Anupam Srivastava adjourned the trial till April 10 after the new CBI prosecutor, Atul Kumar, submitted a request for seeking time to secure original documents on the call details from private telecommunication companies, including Reliance.
The call details, believed to be among the accused and other people connected with the case, were part of the chargesheet filed by CBI last year.
Accused Saba Farooqui`s defence counsel Sunil Srivastava told reporters that he had objected in the court the demand of the new CBI prosecutor, who did not come prepared on the matter and sought more time to delay the trial.
"A change of prosecutor by the investigating agency would not affect the case, and it appeared that the CBI is avoiding appearance of prosecution witnesses as was evident in the previous trials too," Srivastava alleged.
As the prosecution witness could not furnish original call records documents cited as evidence during the hearing in the case on February 13, the court had then postponed the trial for today.
All five accused in the case - Zahida Parvez, Saba, and three alleged shooters Saquib Ali `Danger`, Irfan, and Tabish were present in the court.
Till now Hemant Shukla, CBI`s senior public prosecutor, was handling the case since filing of chargesheet.
Masood was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal`s Koh-E-Fiza locality on August 16, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth