Shehla murder: Court extends remand of accused trio
Indore: A special CBI court on Tuesday
extended till March 14 the remand of three persons, including
prime accused Zahida Pervez, in connection with the murder of
RTI activist Shehla Masood.
The Special Judicial Magistrate (CBI) Dr Shubhra Singh
extended the remand of interior designer Zahida Pervez, her
assistant Saba Farooqui and Shakib Ali `Danger`, a
The court also accepted the CBI`s plea to conduct a
polygraph test on the accused trio.
The CBI has so far arrested three suspects in the 2011
killing, while another suspect, Irfaan, was arrested by the
special task force of Uttar Pradesh police at Kanpur in
Irfaan was allegedly hired by Shakib on Zahida`s behalf
to eliminate Shehla. Irfaan allegedly told the UP police that
he, along with Shanu Aulanga and Salim, shot Shehla outside
her house in Koh-e-Fiza area in Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
According to the preliminary probe, Zahida was jealous of
the 32-year-old activist`s alleged closeness to the local BJP
MLA, Dhruv Narayan Singh who is also being questioned in
connection with the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?