Shehla murder: Court extends remand of accused trio
Indore: A special CBI court on Tuesday
extended till March 14 the remand of three persons, including
prime accused Zahida Pervez, in connection with the murder of
RTI activist Shehla Masood.
The Special Judicial Magistrate (CBI) Dr Shubhra Singh
extended the remand of interior designer Zahida Pervez, her
assistant Saba Farooqui and Shakib Ali `Danger`, a
The court also accepted the CBI`s plea to conduct a
polygraph test on the accused trio.
The CBI has so far arrested three suspects in the 2011
killing, while another suspect, Irfaan, was arrested by the
special task force of Uttar Pradesh police at Kanpur in
Irfaan was allegedly hired by Shakib on Zahida`s behalf
to eliminate Shehla. Irfaan allegedly told the UP police that
he, along with Shanu Aulanga and Salim, shot Shehla outside
her house in Koh-e-Fiza area in Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
According to the preliminary probe, Zahida was jealous of
the 32-year-old activist`s alleged closeness to the local BJP
MLA, Dhruv Narayan Singh who is also being questioned in
connection with the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir