Shehla murder: Zahida, four others charged
Indore: Giving a clean chit to BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh, CBI on Friday filed a charge sheet in RTI activist Shehla Masood`s murder case against five main accused, including interior designer Zahida Pervez and her confidant Saba Farooqui.
The charge sheet, which was filed in the court of special CBI Judge Shubra Singh by agency`s counsel Hemant Shukla, said that Singh had no role in the murder of Masood.
"The charge sheet consists of 18 pages with over 1000 pages as supporting documents," Shukla told reporters.
"We have filed the charge sheet in the Shehla Masood murder case against Zahida, Saba, Shaquib Ali, Ifran and Tabish under sections 302 (murder), 120B (criminal conspiracy), 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) of IPC and sections 25, 27 of the Arms Act after completing investigations within the stipulated time limit," he said.
With regard to the BJP MLA, Shukla said, "He had no role to play in the murder of Masood."
When specifically asked whether Singh was given a clean chit in the murder case, Shukla said, "That`s what I am saying. He has no role in the murder of Shehla."
However, he said that Singh`s name was mentioned in the charge sheet in connection with the motive of the murder as he was allegedly having a relationship with both Shehla and Zahida, following which Zahida allegedly plotted to eliminate her.
On the motive issue, he alleged, "Since Zahida was jealous of Shehla because of her relationship with the MLA, she plotted her murder and that is the main motive behind the crime."
"The investigations are complete from our side and it was a clear case of a murder plotted by Zahida to eliminate Shehla from between them," the CBI counsel said.
"It was Irfan who shot dead Shehla while Tabish was driving the vehicle and Shaqib was keeping an eye on the incident from a safe distance," he said.
Shehla was shot dead with a .315 bore country made weapon, which was seized by the CBI, and a forensic report on it would be filed in the court soon, Shukla said, adding Zahida agreed to pay Rs three lakh to Shaqib for executing the RTI activist`s murder.
"We have submitted 109 documents of evidence and cross-examined 143 witnesses along with the charge sheet," he added.
Shehla was murdered on August 16, 2010 in her car in front of her Koh-e-Fiza residence at Bhopal when she was about to go to an anti-corruption rally.
Singh`s advocate Pradeep Gupta also said that the CBI had not found any evidence against the BJP MLA in the murder case, which means it has given a clean chit to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown