Shehla murder: Zahida questions CBI clean chit to BJP MLA
Indore: Picking holes in the CBI chargesheet in the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, prime accused Zahida Pervez on Monday questioned the "clean chit" given to BJP MLA Dhruvnarayan Singh by the agency while seeking call records of the deceased and results of a narco test conducted on Singh.
"Shehla ki call details abhi tak issue nahin ki...Dhruvnarayan ka polygraph test abhi tak kiya nahi kiya... chargesheet mein ye sab kyon nahin hai (Why the call details of Shehla Masood were not mentioned in the chargesheet. If Dhruvnarayan`s polygraph test was done then why the findings are not mentioned in the chargesheet?)," Zahida told reporters emerging from the special CBI court here.
She was today produced in the court along with another prime accused and her close associate Saba Farooqui, besides the two other accused.
In the chargesheet filed against five accused in the special CBI court last month, CBI cleared the Bhopal MLA of any role in the case and listed five persons including interior designer Zahida Pervez and her confidant Saba Farooqui as prime accused, apart from Shaquib Ali, Ifran and Tabish.
Admitting, perhaps for first time that she was in relationship with the BJP MLA, Zahida said "Jab mere Dhruvnarayan se sambandh hai aur oose clean chit milee to mujhe bhi milni chahiye...Main aropi hoon ho to voh bhi hain na..(If I have had relations with Dhrunarayan and he is given a clean chit then I should also given the same ...If I am accused then he should also be".
Singh underwent a lie-detector test at the Central Forensic Science Laboratory in Delhi on March 24.
CBI suspects that since Zahida was jealous of Shehla because of her relationship with the MLA she plotted her murder.
Though Singh was given a clean chit in the case his name was mentioned in the chargesheet in connection connection with the motive of the killing as he was allegedly having a relationship with both Shehla and Zahida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"