Shehla`s father demands security cover for himself
Bhopal: Bhopal police is assessing the threat perception to Sultan Masood, father and chief prosecution witness in the slain RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, who has demanded a security cover.
"We have asked the concerned police station (Koh-e-Fiza) to assess the threat perception to Sultan and will take a decision on it after studying its report," Bhopal Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Yogesh Choudhary said.
"I had met the state Home Minister few months back demanding security for myself as I am living alone and also fear that those who were involved in the crime would harm me," Sultan said.
"Though a policeman had visited my residence to record my statement on the issue, so far no security has been provided to me," he said.
Shehla was shot dead on August 16 last year when she was sitting in her car just outside her house in the posh Koh-e-Fiza locality of Bhopal.
CBI had so far arrested Zahida, her close confidant Saba Farooqui, and alleged killers - Irfan Ali, Tabish and Shaqib Danger - in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown