Shehla`s father demands security cover for himself
Bhopal: Bhopal police is assessing the threat perception to Sultan Masood, father and chief prosecution witness in the slain RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, who has demanded a security cover.
"We have asked the concerned police station (Koh-e-Fiza) to assess the threat perception to Sultan and will take a decision on it after studying its report," Bhopal Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Yogesh Choudhary said.
"I had met the state Home Minister few months back demanding security for myself as I am living alone and also fear that those who were involved in the crime would harm me," Sultan said.
"Though a policeman had visited my residence to record my statement on the issue, so far no security has been provided to me," he said.
Shehla was shot dead on August 16 last year when she was sitting in her car just outside her house in the posh Koh-e-Fiza locality of Bhopal.
CBI had so far arrested Zahida, her close confidant Saba Farooqui, and alleged killers - Irfan Ali, Tabish and Shaqib Danger - in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!