Shehla`s father seeks transfer of murder case to Bhopal
Indore: The hearing in the case relating to the murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood today took an interesting turn with her father pleading before a CBI court that the case be transferred to Bhopal.
The plea was made on behalf of Shehla`s father Masood Sultan by his advocate Faizan Hussain.
The court fixed June 22 as the date for hearing the plea.
Later, Hussain told reporters that there were 150 witnesses in the case all of whom faced trouble travelling to Indore for hearings.
A similar plea for transferring the case was made in the court by the main accused Zahida Pervez.
But CBI counsel Hemant Shukla said the plea should not be entertained as it was filed without consulting the prosecution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred