Shehla`s father seeks transfer of murder case to Bhopal
Indore: The hearing in the case relating to the murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood today took an interesting turn with her father pleading before a CBI court that the case be transferred to Bhopal.
The plea was made on behalf of Shehla`s father Masood Sultan by his advocate Faizan Hussain.
The court fixed June 22 as the date for hearing the plea.
Later, Hussain told reporters that there were 150 witnesses in the case all of whom faced trouble travelling to Indore for hearings.
A similar plea for transferring the case was made in the court by the main accused Zahida Pervez.
But CBI counsel Hemant Shukla said the plea should not be entertained as it was filed without consulting the prosecution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs