Shivraj Singh Chouhan govt completes 7 yrs in MP
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan completed seven years in the office on Thursday.
Under Chouhan`s leadership, Madhya Pradesh made rapid strides and entered the select list of fastest growing states, an official release said.
Several new schemes have been implemented to make available basic amenities for the first time and efforts have been made to benefit farmers, women, youths, senior citizens and offer social security to weaker sections without discrimination of caste or religion, it said.
Schemes like `Beti Bachao Abhiyan` (Save Girl Child) have been implemented for women`s empowerment, besides `Mukhyamantri Kanyadan Yojna` and `Ladli Laxmi Yojna`.
The release said Chouhan government has also constituted women`s self help groups under `Tejaswini Yojna` and the scheme `Mukhyamantri Teerth Darshan Yojna`, meant for underprivileged senior citizens, is also being well received.
The scheme covers 17 pilgrimage spots across the country including Velangani Church Nagapattinam in Tamil Nadu among other locations.
The release also lists "Sampoorna Swasthya, Sabke Liye" scheme and `Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Free Medicine Distribution Scheme` in public health sector.
The state government has provided budget of Rs 216 crore for the scheme including Rs 51 crore received through National Rural Health Mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Why cholera is more deadly for people with type O blood
- US Open: Andy Murray, Serena Williams swing into action on Day 2
- China must recognise South China Sea ruling: Philippines
- New Zealand to keep trialling day-night first-class cricket
- Delhi sex racket busted: Girls confined in almirahs; forced to sleep with clients in cubicles