Shivraj Singh Chouhan govt completes 7 yrs in MP
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan completed seven years in the office on Thursday.
Under Chouhan`s leadership, Madhya Pradesh made rapid strides and entered the select list of fastest growing states, an official release said.
Several new schemes have been implemented to make available basic amenities for the first time and efforts have been made to benefit farmers, women, youths, senior citizens and offer social security to weaker sections without discrimination of caste or religion, it said.
Schemes like `Beti Bachao Abhiyan` (Save Girl Child) have been implemented for women`s empowerment, besides `Mukhyamantri Kanyadan Yojna` and `Ladli Laxmi Yojna`.
The release said Chouhan government has also constituted women`s self help groups under `Tejaswini Yojna` and the scheme `Mukhyamantri Teerth Darshan Yojna`, meant for underprivileged senior citizens, is also being well received.
The scheme covers 17 pilgrimage spots across the country including Velangani Church Nagapattinam in Tamil Nadu among other locations.
The release also lists "Sampoorna Swasthya, Sabke Liye" scheme and `Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Free Medicine Distribution Scheme` in public health sector.
The state government has provided budget of Rs 216 crore for the scheme including Rs 51 crore received through National Rural Health Mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday