Shivraj Singh Chouhan hits back at PM for talking about negative growth in MP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan hit back at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday for criticising the state`s development and growth.
On the micro-blogging site Twitter Chouhan posted, "Isn`t it the political irony that our PM who has been praising development of MP had to talk negatively about state`s growth today?"
The PM while addressing a rally at Jabalpur today in poll-bound MP, asked the people to defeat Chouhan`s government saying that the BJP-rules states were found lacking on the issue of development. He also said that the BJP government had not performed well in areas like infant mortality, literacy among women and sex ratio.
The PM said, "The condition of roads is poor. I am surprised that BJP leaders speak about its development."
Manmohan Singh also asked the main Opposition to look at the record of Congress-led UPA government and said that the country had achieved record growth in last nine years.
BJP is looking at a hat-trick in MP and Chouhan is aiming to become the CM for third time in a row. The results for the Assembly elections in the state will be declared on December 08.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian