Shivraj Singh Chouhan hits back at PM for talking about negative growth in MP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan hit back at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday for criticising the state`s development and growth.
On the micro-blogging site Twitter Chouhan posted, "Isn`t it the political irony that our PM who has been praising development of MP had to talk negatively about state`s growth today?"
The PM while addressing a rally at Jabalpur today in poll-bound MP, asked the people to defeat Chouhan`s government saying that the BJP-rules states were found lacking on the issue of development. He also said that the BJP government had not performed well in areas like infant mortality, literacy among women and sex ratio.
The PM said, "The condition of roads is poor. I am surprised that BJP leaders speak about its development."
Manmohan Singh also asked the main Opposition to look at the record of Congress-led UPA government and said that the country had achieved record growth in last nine years.
BJP is looking at a hat-trick in MP and Chouhan is aiming to become the CM for third time in a row. The results for the Assembly elections in the state will be declared on December 08.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional