Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurates Crystal IT Park
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Saturday said around one lakh jobs would be generated through Crystal Information Technology Park which was operationalised today after nine years.
"Around one lakh jobs would be created over two-and-a-half years through the project. The synergy of inclusive growth and industrial and commercial development coupled with foreign investment in information technology would lead to all-round development of the state," Chavan said after inaugurating Crystal IT Park, the only SEZ for IT in the state.
The Park has been constructed at a cost of Rs 150 crore by Madhya Pradesh Audyogik Kendra Vikas Nigam Limited (MPAKVN) on 20 acre of land on Khandwa road.
Chouhan said the state would achieve growth rate at 12 percent by the end of 12th Five Year Plan in 2017.
He said the state government had approved a number of new policies to benefit IT, agro-forestry, textile and food sectors and is awaiting investment.
On the occasion, Industry and IT Minister Kailash Vijayvargiya said Indore would become an IT destination in near future.
The project is being developed in two stages. In the first stage, two multi-story buildings were constructed on 12 acre of land, and it created office space of 52,000 square metres.
IT Park is first operational SEZ for IT in the state and as of now three companies that are operating from the building.
Praveen Kakaria, chairman of Impetus, one of the three IT companies that have invested in the SEZ, said the new set up would provide about 15000 direct jobs to qualified youths.
Intellicus and Clear Trial are two other firms that have set up shops in the project, said state Road Development Corporation MD Vivek Agarwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur