Shivraj Singh Chouhan inducts 23 ministers
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Saturday expanded his ministry with the induction of 19 cabinet ministers and four ministers of state.
Chouhan took oath as the Chief Minister for the third time on December 14, following BJP`s thumping victory in the assembly elections.
The cabinet ministers who were sworn in today included three women: Yashodhara Raje Scindia, Maya Singh and Kusum Mehdele.
Mehdele was a minister earlier. She lost in the 2008 assembly elections by a margin of only 47 votes, but this time she was elected for the fifth time.
Scindia is currently MP from Gwalior. Another Lok Sabha member in the cabinet is Bhupendra Singh (Sagar MP), while Maya Singh is currently a Rajya Sabha member.
Archana Chitnis and Ranjana Baghel, the two women ministers in the previous ministry, were dropped.
Apart from Maya Singh and Bhupendra Singh, the only other new face in the Council of Ministers is Gyan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'