Shivraj Singh Chouhan leaves for Mathura
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, senior BJP leaders and a number of ministers left here for a trip to Mathura.
Chouhan and group, which left by Shatabdi Express yesterday are scheduled to undertake a 21-KM `Govardhan Parikrima` on foot during the trip.
He earlier offered prayers to the Mahakal temple at Ujjain and the trip to Mathura is in this sucession.
Apart from Chouhan, those who accompanied him include Madhya Pradesh BJP President Prabhat Jha, ministers Kailash Vijayawargiya, Jagdish Devda and party MLAs Vishwas Sarang and Ramesh Mendola and party leaders Rameshwar Sharma, Surendra Pratap Singh, Alok Sharma and Alok Sanjar.
Meanwhile, State Congress President Kantilal Bhuria, in a statement described the trip as a picnic which was sad as the state was facing tough times due to heavy rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city