Shivraj Singh Chouhan seeks central help for Metro projects in MP
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday met Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu here and sought central assistance for various projects like Metro and housing in the state.
Chauhan also demanded financial assistance for Ujjain Kumbh Mela and smart city project for Gwalior.
Stating that the state government proposed to take up feasibility studies for introducing Metro projects in Gwalior and Jabalpur, he requested Naidu to provide financial support for preparation of Detailed Project Reports for the same.
He informed that DPRs for metro projects in Bhopal and Indore have been completed.
The Chief Minister said that under Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) the state government has implemented most of the reforms and requested the Minister for release of Rs 150 crore that has been withheld.
In the meeting, he also discussed the organisation of Ujjain Kumbh Mela in 2016.
Stating that over five crore people are expected to participate in the Mela, Chauhan requested for central assistance on the lines given to UP government for the fair.
Naidu said that after the presentation of General Budget on July 10 and availability of resources for his Ministry, the state`s requests would be given consideration.
Naidu asked the Chief Minister to take necessary action to allot immediately 22,000 houses that were constructed under JNNURM besides ensuring spending of funds allocated under National Urban Livelihood Mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say