Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s resignation from Vidisha seat accepted
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly Speaker Sitasharan Sharma on Satuday accepted Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s resignation from Vidisha constituency.
Chouhan has retained his traditional Budhni seat in Sehore district.
The BJP leader was elected from both Vidisha and Budhni constituencies in the November 25 Assembly election.
Sharma announced in the Vidhan Sabha that he has accepted the resignation of Chouhan from Vidisha.
By-election for the vacant seat is likely to take place along with the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears