Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s resignation from Vidisha seat accepted
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly Speaker Sitasharan Sharma on Satuday accepted Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s resignation from Vidisha constituency.
Chouhan has retained his traditional Budhni seat in Sehore district.
The BJP leader was elected from both Vidisha and Budhni constituencies in the November 25 Assembly election.
Sharma announced in the Vidhan Sabha that he has accepted the resignation of Chouhan from Vidisha.
By-election for the vacant seat is likely to take place along with the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended