Sibal askes MP govt to enact Jan Lokpal Bill
Bhopal: Training his guns at BJP over the Jan Lokpal Bill, Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal has asked the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government to enact the legislation in Madhya Pradesh.
"I am saying this (to enact the legislation in the state) because the BJP is showing too much enthusiasm in supporting the Bill," Sibal said, while addressing Congress office-bearers at the party office here last evening.
"Though the next Assembly election in Madhya Pradesh is almost two years away, if the Bill is passed now, corruption cases against the ministers could be investigated," he said.
Alleging that the Madhya Pradesh government has done little towards the overall progress of the state in the last eight years, Sibal said the crimes against children, SCs/STs
and instances of malnutrition among children are "highest in the state than rest of the country".
He also accused the state government of misusing Central funds meant for various welfare programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi