Sibal askes MP govt to enact Jan Lokpal Bill
Bhopal: Training his guns at BJP over the Jan Lokpal Bill, Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal has asked the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government to enact the legislation in Madhya Pradesh.
"I am saying this (to enact the legislation in the state) because the BJP is showing too much enthusiasm in supporting the Bill," Sibal said, while addressing Congress office-bearers at the party office here last evening.
"Though the next Assembly election in Madhya Pradesh is almost two years away, if the Bill is passed now, corruption cases against the ministers could be investigated," he said.
Alleging that the Madhya Pradesh government has done little towards the overall progress of the state in the last eight years, Sibal said the crimes against children, SCs/STs
and instances of malnutrition among children are "highest in the state than rest of the country".
He also accused the state government of misusing Central funds meant for various welfare programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!