Sibal askes MP govt to enact Jan Lokpal Bill
Bhopal: Training his guns at BJP over the Jan Lokpal Bill, Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal has asked the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government to enact the legislation in Madhya Pradesh.
"I am saying this (to enact the legislation in the state) because the BJP is showing too much enthusiasm in supporting the Bill," Sibal said, while addressing Congress office-bearers at the party office here last evening.
"Though the next Assembly election in Madhya Pradesh is almost two years away, if the Bill is passed now, corruption cases against the ministers could be investigated," he said.
Alleging that the Madhya Pradesh government has done little towards the overall progress of the state in the last eight years, Sibal said the crimes against children, SCs/STs
and instances of malnutrition among children are "highest in the state than rest of the country".
He also accused the state government of misusing Central funds meant for various welfare programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye