Sibal askes MP govt to enact Jan Lokpal Bill
Bhopal: Training his guns at BJP over the Jan Lokpal Bill, Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal has asked the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government to enact the legislation in Madhya Pradesh.
"I am saying this (to enact the legislation in the state) because the BJP is showing too much enthusiasm in supporting the Bill," Sibal said, while addressing Congress office-bearers at the party office here last evening.
"Though the next Assembly election in Madhya Pradesh is almost two years away, if the Bill is passed now, corruption cases against the ministers could be investigated," he said.
Alleging that the Madhya Pradesh government has done little towards the overall progress of the state in the last eight years, Sibal said the crimes against children, SCs/STs
and instances of malnutrition among children are "highest in the state than rest of the country".
He also accused the state government of misusing Central funds meant for various welfare programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister