Sibal askes MP govt to enact Jan Lokpal Bill
Bhopal: Training his guns at BJP over the Jan Lokpal Bill, Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal has asked the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government to enact the legislation in Madhya Pradesh.
"I am saying this (to enact the legislation in the state) because the BJP is showing too much enthusiasm in supporting the Bill," Sibal said, while addressing Congress office-bearers at the party office here last evening.
"Though the next Assembly election in Madhya Pradesh is almost two years away, if the Bill is passed now, corruption cases against the ministers could be investigated," he said.
Alleging that the Madhya Pradesh government has done little towards the overall progress of the state in the last eight years, Sibal said the crimes against children, SCs/STs
and instances of malnutrition among children are "highest in the state than rest of the country".
He also accused the state government of misusing Central funds meant for various welfare programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prisma fever grips Bollywood celebrities! – View pics
- Chabahar port may become operational in 1.5-2 years: Govt
- Sensex zooms 292 points to regain 28,000-mark, Nifty hits 15-month high
- Lost in translation: The peculiar case of a popular French author
- IND vs WI: 'Man of the match' Ravichandran Ashwin credits skipper Virat Kohli for Antigua ton