SIMI activist arrested by Madhya Pradesh Anti-Terrorist Squad
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh police`s Anti- Terrorist Squad on Sunday arrested a Student Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) activist Gulrez Ali from the station area when a police team from Delhi was about to bring back another SIMI activist Abu Faisal.
ATS sleuths caught Gulrez from the station area where they were present in strength to take the custody of Faisal, who was brought to Bhopal from New Delhi by a Delhi Police team, police sources said.
Gulrez who carried a reward of Rs 15,000, was later produced before a court which remanded him in police custody till May 5.
A case was registered against him for his alleged involvement in anti-national activities in 2013 under various sections of the Indian Penal Code and under relevant sections of the Arms Act and the Explosives Act. Since then the ATS had been keeping a watch on him, the sources said.
When the ATS sleuths got information today that Gulrez could be present somewhere near Bhopal station`s platform number one, it intensified its vigil and nabbed him the moment he was spotted, they said.
The ATS re-arrested Faisal from Barwani district some time ago after he escaped from Khandwa prison with six others on October 2.
A National Investigative Agency (NIA) team took him for questioning in connection with different terror attacks in the country and his links with other Indian Mujahideen operatives, the sources said.
Later, Faisal was also taken by the Delhi Police team for questioning in connection with his alleged involvement with recently arrested IM operatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi