SIMI activist Gulrez provided help to terror-accused: ATS
Bhopal: Gulrez, an alleged activist of the banned outfit Students Islamic Movement of India who was arrested yesterday from Bhopal railway station area, had provided help to the terror-accused Abu Faisal, a senior officer of the Madhya Pradesh Anti-Terrorism Squad said on Monday.
Faisal was recently re-arrested from Barwani, while Gulrez was arrested near the railway station here when a Delhi police team, which was bringing Faisal, was about to arrive.
Gulrez provided shelter to Faisal in Indore while the latter was on the run, and also gave him Rs one lakh cash, ATS Inspector General Sanjeev Shami told reporters.
In the past, Gulrez had also provided support to the underground members of SIMI, the IG said.
A case was registered against him last year for involvement in anti-national activities under the Indian Penal Code, Arms Act and Explosives Act. He was under ATS`s scanner for long, the IG added.
A court here has remanded him in police custody till May 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!