SIMI activist Gulrez provided help to terror-accused: ATS
Bhopal: Gulrez, an alleged activist of the banned outfit Students Islamic Movement of India who was arrested yesterday from Bhopal railway station area, had provided help to the terror-accused Abu Faisal, a senior officer of the Madhya Pradesh Anti-Terrorism Squad said on Monday.
Faisal was recently re-arrested from Barwani, while Gulrez was arrested near the railway station here when a Delhi police team, which was bringing Faisal, was about to arrive.
Gulrez provided shelter to Faisal in Indore while the latter was on the run, and also gave him Rs one lakh cash, ATS Inspector General Sanjeev Shami told reporters.
In the past, Gulrez had also provided support to the underground members of SIMI, the IG said.
A case was registered against him last year for involvement in anti-national activities under the Indian Penal Code, Arms Act and Explosives Act. He was under ATS`s scanner for long, the IG added.
A court here has remanded him in police custody till May 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read