SIMI activist injured in a gunbattle with ATS
Indore: An activist of the banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) who was seriously injured in a gun battle with ATS jawans in Ratlam has been admitted in a government hospital here, a senior police official said on Saturday.
26-year-old Zakir Hussein, who was seriously injured in an exchange of fire with ATS jawans at Ratlam yesterday, was admitted to an isolated room in MY Hospital amid heavy security late last night, Additional SP Mahesh Chandra Jain
Zakir, also wanted in a murder case at Khandwa, was operated for the bullet injury he received in his back and the bullet removed, the ASP said.
A policeman of Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) was killed and
two others were injured in a shoot out between the ATS and two
SIMI members, Zakir and his associate Farhad, outside Ratlam
Railway station last evening. Farhad was caught yesterday
while he was trying to escape.
ATS constable Shivpratap who was injured in the firing
later succumbed to the wounds, while two other injured ATS
jawans are being treated at a government hospital in Ratlam.
Zakir was absconding ever since a local module of SIMI,
of which he was a member, killed an ATS personnel in Khandawa
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Youngsters at alcohol risk can be identified on social media
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared at 3 pm today
- Whoa! Shah Rukh Khan catches a plane back from work to beat the traffic! – See pic
- Music director Anu Malik hospitalized!
- Rescued migrants say ship sank off Italy with hundreds aboard