Six men drown in Narmada river
Khargone: Six persons, including five probationary officers of the State Bank of India, drowned in the Narmada river during a boat-ride at Maheshwar town near here.
A total of 12 probationary officers were in the boat, which capsized last night. The officers had come from Indore where they are currently undergoing a training.
Seven of the boat`s occupants were rescued by the fishermen in the area, while bodies of five officers and the cook were fished out today by divers after an all-night search.
Khargone District Collector Navneet Kothari and Superintendent of Police R P Singh rushed to the spot.
The five deceased officers were identified as Premkiran (Kerala), Vijay Shyam Sharma (Delhi), Vishal Rajendra, Sourav Mohan (Kerala) and Jitendra Singh Yadav (Kanpur).
The cook was identified as Riyasat Ali (Indore). All the victims were between 30 to 35 years old.
The bodies would be handed over to the relatives after the post mortem.
Police said that boat turned over whie negotiating choppy waters. Further investigations is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note