Six men drown in Narmada river
Khargone: Six persons, including five probationary officers of the State Bank of India, drowned in the Narmada river during a boat-ride at Maheshwar town near here.
A total of 12 probationary officers were in the boat, which capsized last night. The officers had come from Indore where they are currently undergoing a training.
Seven of the boat`s occupants were rescued by the fishermen in the area, while bodies of five officers and the cook were fished out today by divers after an all-night search.
Khargone District Collector Navneet Kothari and Superintendent of Police R P Singh rushed to the spot.
The five deceased officers were identified as Premkiran (Kerala), Vijay Shyam Sharma (Delhi), Vishal Rajendra, Sourav Mohan (Kerala) and Jitendra Singh Yadav (Kanpur).
The cook was identified as Riyasat Ali (Indore). All the victims were between 30 to 35 years old.
The bodies would be handed over to the relatives after the post mortem.
Police said that boat turned over whie negotiating choppy waters. Further investigations is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH