Six men drown in Narmada river
Khargone: Six persons, including five probationary officers of the State Bank of India, drowned in the Narmada river during a boat-ride at Maheshwar town near here.
A total of 12 probationary officers were in the boat, which capsized last night. The officers had come from Indore where they are currently undergoing a training.
Seven of the boat`s occupants were rescued by the fishermen in the area, while bodies of five officers and the cook were fished out today by divers after an all-night search.
Khargone District Collector Navneet Kothari and Superintendent of Police R P Singh rushed to the spot.
The five deceased officers were identified as Premkiran (Kerala), Vijay Shyam Sharma (Delhi), Vishal Rajendra, Sourav Mohan (Kerala) and Jitendra Singh Yadav (Kanpur).
The cook was identified as Riyasat Ali (Indore). All the victims were between 30 to 35 years old.
The bodies would be handed over to the relatives after the post mortem.
Police said that boat turned over whie negotiating choppy waters. Further investigations is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing