Six men drown in Narmada river
Khargone: Six persons, including five probationary officers of the State Bank of India, drowned in the Narmada river during a boat-ride at Maheshwar town near here.
A total of 12 probationary officers were in the boat, which capsized last night. The officers had come from Indore where they are currently undergoing a training.
Seven of the boat`s occupants were rescued by the fishermen in the area, while bodies of five officers and the cook were fished out today by divers after an all-night search.
Khargone District Collector Navneet Kothari and Superintendent of Police R P Singh rushed to the spot.
The five deceased officers were identified as Premkiran (Kerala), Vijay Shyam Sharma (Delhi), Vishal Rajendra, Sourav Mohan (Kerala) and Jitendra Singh Yadav (Kanpur).
The cook was identified as Riyasat Ali (Indore). All the victims were between 30 to 35 years old.
The bodies would be handed over to the relatives after the post mortem.
Police said that boat turned over whie negotiating choppy waters. Further investigations is on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma