Six men drown in Narmada river
Khargone: Six persons, including five probationary officers of the State Bank of India, drowned in the Narmada river during a boat-ride at Maheshwar town near here.
A total of 12 probationary officers were in the boat, which capsized last night. The officers had come from Indore where they are currently undergoing a training.
Seven of the boat`s occupants were rescued by the fishermen in the area, while bodies of five officers and the cook were fished out today by divers after an all-night search.
Khargone District Collector Navneet Kothari and Superintendent of Police R P Singh rushed to the spot.
The five deceased officers were identified as Premkiran (Kerala), Vijay Shyam Sharma (Delhi), Vishal Rajendra, Sourav Mohan (Kerala) and Jitendra Singh Yadav (Kanpur).
The cook was identified as Riyasat Ali (Indore). All the victims were between 30 to 35 years old.
The bodies would be handed over to the relatives after the post mortem.
Police said that boat turned over whie negotiating choppy waters. Further investigations is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?
- Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley