Six-year-old falls into borewell
Bhopal: A six-year-old boy fell into a 400 feet deep borewell in a Madhya Pradesh village, and frantic efforts are on to rescue him, officials said Wednesday.
The incident occurred Tuesday evening when Suraj fell the borewell in Ratlam district`s Malvasa village while playing. He is reportedly stuck 80 feet down.
"When the authorities realised the child was responding to their calls, oxygen was pumped into the borewell through a pipe," Superintendent of Police Mayank Jain said.
The land around the borewell is being dug up in a bid to reach the boy, Ratlam Collector Mahendra Gyani said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents