Six-year-old falls into borewell
Bhopal: A six-year-old boy fell into a 400 feet deep borewell in a Madhya Pradesh village, and frantic efforts are on to rescue him, officials said Wednesday.
The incident occurred Tuesday evening when Suraj fell the borewell in Ratlam district`s Malvasa village while playing. He is reportedly stuck 80 feet down.
"When the authorities realised the child was responding to their calls, oxygen was pumped into the borewell through a pipe," Superintendent of Police Mayank Jain said.
The land around the borewell is being dug up in a bid to reach the boy, Ratlam Collector Mahendra Gyani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days