Six-year-old falls into borewell
Bhopal: A six-year-old boy fell into a 400 feet deep borewell in a Madhya Pradesh village, and frantic efforts are on to rescue him, officials said Wednesday.
The incident occurred Tuesday evening when Suraj fell the borewell in Ratlam district`s Malvasa village while playing. He is reportedly stuck 80 feet down.
"When the authorities realised the child was responding to their calls, oxygen was pumped into the borewell through a pipe," Superintendent of Police Mayank Jain said.
The land around the borewell is being dug up in a bid to reach the boy, Ratlam Collector Mahendra Gyani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends