Six-year-old falls into borewell
Bhopal: A six-year-old boy fell into a 400 feet deep borewell in a Madhya Pradesh village, and frantic efforts are on to rescue him, officials said Wednesday.
The incident occurred Tuesday evening when Suraj fell the borewell in Ratlam district`s Malvasa village while playing. He is reportedly stuck 80 feet down.
"When the authorities realised the child was responding to their calls, oxygen was pumped into the borewell through a pipe," Superintendent of Police Mayank Jain said.
The land around the borewell is being dug up in a bid to reach the boy, Ratlam Collector Mahendra Gyani said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!