Six-year-old falls into borewell
Bhopal: A six-year-old boy fell into a 400 feet deep borewell in a Madhya Pradesh village, and frantic efforts are on to rescue him, officials said Wednesday.
The incident occurred Tuesday evening when Suraj fell the borewell in Ratlam district`s Malvasa village while playing. He is reportedly stuck 80 feet down.
"When the authorities realised the child was responding to their calls, oxygen was pumped into the borewell through a pipe," Superintendent of Police Mayank Jain said.
The land around the borewell is being dug up in a bid to reach the boy, Ratlam Collector Mahendra Gyani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'