Slain jawan’s body to arrive at home in MP
Sidhi: The mortal remains of Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh, who was one of the two soldiers killed in an attack by Pakistan army across the LoC, is likely to be brought here by this evening and the funeral is expected to take place tomorrow, official sources here said.
A team of Madhya Pradesh police officials has reached his village here to receive the body of Sudhakar Singh, they said.
Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh, 30, hailed from Darhia village near Churhat in the Sidhi district of Madhya Pradesh.
He is survived by wife Durga Singh and a four-month-old son.
Singh had joined the Indian Army in 2002 and was working with the Rajputana Rifles Regiment.
Darhia village is a part of the Churhat Assembly constituency of Madhya Pradesh.
Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, who represents Churhat in the House, said it was very sad that a valiant soldier had lost his life at the hands of Pakistani military men, who committed a brutal act.
Pakistani regular soldiers crossed into Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir yesterday and ambushed an Indian patrol killing two soldiers, one of whom was decapitated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail