Sodomy case: Ex-MP minister Raghavji released on bail
Bhopal: Former Madhya Pradesh finance minister Raghavji, facing sodomy charges, was released on Wednesday on bail from the central jail here.
79-year-old Raghavji, who was in jail for over 30 days, was granted bail by the Madhya Pradesh High Court on August 12 on the grounds of old age and health condition.
He was released this afternoon after the due formalities were completed in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Sanjay Kumar Pandey.
The former minister, who was expelled from BJP following the charges against him, told reporters outside the jail complex that he is ready to contest this year`s Assembly elections, if the party asks him.
Raghavji was arrested from a flat in Bhopal on July 9 after his servant alleged that he was sodomised by the minister for nearly three-and-a-half years on the promise of getting him a government job.
The matter was exposed by the victim by preparing his purported CDs of the sexual act.
After the exposure, Raghavji resigned from the Cabinet and was later expelled by BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'