Sodomy case: Ex-MP minister Raghavji released on bail
Bhopal: Former Madhya Pradesh finance minister Raghavji, facing sodomy charges, was released on Wednesday on bail from the central jail here.
79-year-old Raghavji, who was in jail for over 30 days, was granted bail by the Madhya Pradesh High Court on August 12 on the grounds of old age and health condition.
He was released this afternoon after the due formalities were completed in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Sanjay Kumar Pandey.
The former minister, who was expelled from BJP following the charges against him, told reporters outside the jail complex that he is ready to contest this year`s Assembly elections, if the party asks him.
Raghavji was arrested from a flat in Bhopal on July 9 after his servant alleged that he was sodomised by the minister for nearly three-and-a-half years on the promise of getting him a government job.
The matter was exposed by the victim by preparing his purported CDs of the sexual act.
After the exposure, Raghavji resigned from the Cabinet and was later expelled by BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!