Sodomy case: Hearing on Raghavji’s bail plea deferred
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh High Court on Friday deferred the hearing on the bail plea of former state finance minister Raghavji in connection with a sodomy case.
Raghavji, who is in judicial custody till July 22, was accused of sexually abusing his domestic help Rajkumar Dangi.
The bail petition claims that the former minister was framed in the matter by BJP leader Shiv Shankar Pateria, as the latter had demanded a state-level post from him and even offered Rs 1 crore to him.
It said that since the former minister had refused to oblige him, Pateria conspired with Raghavji’s servant Rajkumar Dangi to defame him.
The petition also highlighted that in his 64-year-long political career, no charges were levelled against him and the conspiracy was hatched to defame him before Assembly polls which are due in next four months.
It also mentioned about Raghavji’s old age and his medical problems.
A case was registered against Raghavji on July 7 after Rajkumar Dangi’s complaint and later he was arrested from a flat in the Koh-e-Fiza area of Bhopal.
A Bhopal court had earlier rejected Raghavji’s bail plea.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly